Smoking weed, for the first time, has different outcomes for different people. Some feel the best they have ever felt, while others fail to see the hype associated with cannabis.
The confusion that comes with smoking weed for the first time is expected, and you probably need a few tips to help you out. It’s challenging to find newbies smoking together with experienced smokers; hence the only place that they can find help is through articles like this one.
Here are a few tips for first-time cannabis smoker to get you through your first marijuana smoke:
How to Buy Weed
To smoke weed, you first of all need to gain access to it. For a beginner, your access to it is through someone else. But what if you wanted to buy it, you might need to know how to go about buying it. All these tips are per the law, so don’t expect something off the books.
These are what you should do if you are headed to buy weed in a dispensary:
- You need to bring your ID. To buy weed, you will need to show you are of legal age to be served weed, as the cannabis industry is more regulated than most other drug industries. Weed is not like alcohol, where you will easily lie yourself to a drink; you MUST provide your ID to be sold weed.
- Give yourself enough time. Lines in the dispensary are usually long, so if you are pressed for time, don’t count on buying weed on time. You should give yourself time to make the long queues. You should also not rush close to closing hours to avoid waiting in line, only to be told to come back the following day as they close on time.
- Don’t go to cause trouble. The staff is there to serve you, but they also need to ensure they follow the laid out regulations. They do not refuse to give you what you need; they are just forced to be strict to avoid being closed down or even getting weed illegalized again. If the staff tell you that’s the much they can do, you should accept that and move on.
- Carry cash with you. Some dispensaries are still afraid to accept cards and only do cash transactions. To avoid being disappointed, carry some money with you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Although under strict regulations, weed is now legal; hence the tellers are there to help you, and you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help. They will guide you on the weed strain and amount to buy to give you the best weed experience.
How to Consume the Weed
You now have your weed in hand and face another dilemma, how to consume it. There are many ways for weed to be ingested, but you should probably stick to smoking as a beginner. But then again, there is a whole list of how to smoke it that could give you a headache.
Let’s go through them one by one:
- Smoking weed as a joint or blunt. This might be the easiest way to smoke it for a first-timer, but rolling might be an issue mostly if you have never done it before.
- Vapes make for an easy way to smoke, but they are too expensive to buy, especially for a first-timer who isn’t even sure he/she will like it enough to try it again.
- Bong rips are too tricky and harsh for a first-timer to try.
- A bowl is cheap and also extremely easy to use for a first-timer.
- Buy a bowl at a head shop near you. You probably should buy a grinderto not worry yourself about adequately breaking the weed up.
- Remember to remove the stem before grinding your weed.
- Once you have crushed it, insert it securely to the top of the bowl.
- Place the bowl to your mouth, light the weed, gently inhale, and hold the smoke in for some time before exhaling.
Remember that smoking weed in public is still illegal, so only enjoy it in the comfort of your home. If you are smoking together with friends, do not pass them a bowl without smokable bud.
If you decide to go the edible weed route, be careful as knowing the right amount to eat is a tricky affair.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How to does one smoke from a bong?
Smoking from a bong can be confusing for a first-time cannabis smoker, but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier. Here is the process of smoking from a bong that will make your first cannabis smoke a less confusing one:
- Fill the bong with water.
- Properly grind your cannabis.
- Insert your cannabis in the bong bowl
- Hold the bong’s mouthpiece to your mouth and light the bong and then take a deep breath. Hold the smoke for a while, then exhale. Continue this process until you are satisfied.
For how long should one hold the smoke?
You should only hold the smoke in your mouth for 3-4 seconds. THC is usually absorbed in the lungs quickly, so holding the smoke longer is pointless.
Is it better to use cold water or hot water?
Cold water is the most preferred option as it makes the smoke less harsh. This allows for a better smoking experience.
Is it normal to cough when smoking weed?
Yes, it is very normal for one to cough when smoking weed. However, if it gets too much, you can try smoking small amounts at a time to put less strain on your lungs.
Must I use water when smoking from the bowl?
Using water is not a must, although it makes for a smooth and less irritating first-time experience.
Smoking weed for a first-timer doesn’t have to be a confusing experience for you in this day and age. Information is available everywhere, and buying weed now is more comfortable as it is legal in most places.