Every Cannabis user has a selection of essential tools that they carry around at all times. But sometimes, you get caught out. You want to roll a joint, and unfortunately, you don’t have rolling papers. The good thing is that several ways can still get you high without rolling papers.
As a weed smoker, you need to get creative at times. Well, apart from pipes and papers, you can create DIY devices at home to serve the same purpose. If you are wondering how to smoke weed without rolling papers, here are some common alternatives for you.
There is a wide range of pipes that you can use to smoke weed. Pipes come in different shapes and materials. They can be made of wood, glass, clay, and metal. Smoking weed in pipes is not so different from papers and bong. Note that the material of the tube will influence the taste of the smoke.
- You’ll need to crush your weed and place it in a bowl.
- Light the weed, and with the pipe in your mouth, slowly inhale the smoke.
- If your pipe has a hole in the side, make sure you cover it first before inhaling the smoke.
Bongs are the most preferred way to smoke weed since they get you high quickly. With enough water, bongs are much more convenient than rolling papers. Bongs come in different types, designs, and materials. The standard bong is made of glass and is readily available in head shops.
Another common type is the Gravity bong, made from readily available materials at home. You will essentially need a water container and a plastic bottle to hold the smoke.
Here is how you can make a gravity bong:
- Grab a plastic bottle and cut out the bottom part.
- Make a hole in the cap, and place a bowl made out of aluminum foil.
- In a different container, fill up with water, then place your bottle in the water. Pull back the cap and light up the weed in the foil.
- As you light it, push down the bottle into the water. Clouds of smoke will replace the top half.
- You can now inhale the smoke.
You can buy other bong designs that include carburetor bongs, straight- tube bongs, percolator- bongs, and beaker-shaped bongs.
Vaping is fast becoming a common way to consume oils, distillates, dry herbs, and other concentrates from marijuana. It’s among the top healthy ways to consume weed, as it only produces fewer toxins when inhaling vapor than smoke.
Initially, vaporizers were only used to consume tobacco, but it’s now a safer and more convenient way to enjoy marijuana.
Vaporizers come in a wide range of variety. Some types, for instance, vape pens, are so popular yet expensive. However, one can serve you for years to come.
Each vaporizer is unique in its way and comes with a user manual to guide you on how to go about it. Most are battery-powered, and you’ll therefore need to charge it first for several hours before use.
Before you use it:
- Turn it on, and leave it for some time to warm up. The indicator will notify you when the device is ready for use.
- Place your finely ground weed in the chamber. It should be finely crushed to ensure it is evenly vaporized and doesn’t produce harmful smoke.
- Set the ideal temperature, which is about 150°C to 200°C.
- You can now begin to inhale the vapor from the mouthpiece.
Also known as shisha or nardilla, “hookah” originates from the Urdu work “huqqa.” It means a pipe. Hookah was commonly used to smoke tobacco a long time ago. It’s now an alternative to smoking marijuana if you don’t have rolling papers.
As much as using a hookah pipe to smoke weed seems complicated, it’s a more convenient way once you get used to it.
You will need a hookah pipe, aluminum foil, water, and coals. Some people prefer to add shisha or tobacco for an additional flavor.
Here is a guide on how to use the hookah.
- Halfway fill the base with water.
- Pack the bowl with weed. If you choose to add hookah or tobacco, place it at the bottom and cannabis at the top. If you don’t like tobacco, you can use tobacco-free flavors.
- Cover the bowl with a layer or two of aluminum foil and then create holes through it for aeration.
- Place hot coals over the foil. Slowly inhale the smoke from the mouthpiece.
What if you have none of the tools described above? Well, you don’t have to worry as there are more home alternatives to smoke your weed. These include corn husks, hot knives, gum wrappers, empty cigarettes, rose blunts, and hot knives.
Smoking with most of these tools is similar to rolling a regular blunt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the correct way to inhale smoke from weed?
Start by breathing out in the usual way to deflate your lungs. When the lungs are empty enough, inhale in the blunt and retain the smoke in the mouth for about a second to allow it cool. Fully inhale it deep into the lungs.
For how long can I be high after inhaling a blunt?
How long a person remains high depends on several factors, like strain and tolerance. It also varies from person to person. The average time is 2- 3 hours.
Why do gravity bongs need water?
The use of water in a bong helps to remove the dry heat from the joint. This often creates a more relaxed, smooth, and creamy effect.
Can I roll my joint without smoking papers?
Of course, you can’t roll a joint without a rolling paper. Substituting the paper can make you inhale harmful dioxins and print inks. However, you can try other smoking methods like vaporizers, bongs, pipes, and hookah.
Can I use any other paper to smoke weed?
You can roll your joint using any thin paper.
Many Cannabis smokers love joints for their flavor, simplicity, and convenience. However, you may lack rolling papers in some situations, or you don’t like using papers. You can easily take in your marijuana through other methods that are healthier, convenient, and enjoyable. Whatever your reason, you can still get high through the alternatives mentioned above.