If you are a weed smoker, then you probably have a weed grinder. The trichomes that collect at the bottom chamber is the kief. When a fair amount is collected, you can smoke it directly or convert it to hash pellets. The hash pellets are made using a pollen press, and choosing the best pollen press will determine the quality of hash pellets you get.
- Best Pollen Press For Kief – Reviews
- 1. G-Leaf 5.5 inch Press Pollen Tool
- 2. Honeypuff Pollen Presser Tool with Gift Box
- 3. Tutun T Handle Pollen Press
- 4. TitanOwl 3.5 Inches Heavy Duty Metal T Pollen Press
- 5. Grindhouse T-Press Stainless Steel Pollen Press
- 6. Stainless Steel Pollen Push Press by Interplanetary Development
- 7. SharpStone 3.5 Inch T-Shaped Aluminum Pollen Press
- What is a pollen Press?
- What is pollen Press used for?
- Type of Pollen Press
- Benefits of Using a Pollen Press
- How to use a Pollen Press
- Factors To Consider When Buying A Pollen Press
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Pollen Press For Kief – Reviews
Getting the right pollen press can be hard. In this pollen press review, we take a look at seven top quality pollen press available in the market at the moment. We look at different pollen press designs, the material used to make one, and the different sizes and unique features.
1. G-Leaf 5.5 inch Press Pollen Tool
A CNC machine makes the G-Leaf 5.5 inch press pollen tool with aluminum alloy. The aluminum design offers a comfortable user experience. This device is effortless to use and doesn’t require a high level of skills. With proper maintenance, this pollen press is durable, guaranteeing you years of service.
It is small in size measuring 1.6 inches in diameter and 5.5 inches in height. This size is good enough to make a sizeable amount of hash pellets. It can produce 4.5 to 7 grams of hash coins in one press.
Cleaning this device is easy, and you only need a bit of lubricating oil. The lubricating oil ensures all the parts are moving efficiently.
- It is 5.5 inches tall and has a diameter of 1.6 inches.
- It is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it more durable.
- It is made of a T-shaped design that gives you a comfortable pressing experience.
- It comes with a tincture cap.
- It is made from a precision CNC machine that leaves a flawless device.
2. Honeypuff Pollen Presser Tool with Gift Box
The Honeypuff pollen presser tool is top-rated among kief pressers for a very good reason. The way it feels in your hands is what sets it apart from the rest. You can keep tightening it until you get a well-packed hash pellet. This pollen press is made of stainless steel, a high-quality material that ensures your pollen press lasts for a long time. It comes with a beautiful gift packaging that can also be used as a storage unit.
You should clean this device before use to give you a comfortable and enjoyable press. Constant lubrication also helps to keep the parts moving smoothly.
- It is made of stainless steel, which is very durable.
- It comes with a gift box to protect its contents.
- It is 3.4 inches tall with a diameter of 1.02 inches and roughly 120 grams.
- It is small enough to carry around.
- It is in a T-Bar design, which makes it easy to use.
- An L shaped accessory is added to the bottom of this device to help tighten the bottom when it gets loose during use.
3. Tutun T Handle Pollen Press
The Tutun The handle pollen press is made of polished aluminum that gives it a clean, unique look. It is relatively small at 2.5 inches in long, 3.5 inches high, and one-inch in diameter. It is made in a T handle design that makes pressing a lot easier.
Applying a thin coat of olive oil before use gives you the best pressing result. It can produce a decent-sized hash coin.
- It is small in size but can handle a large amount of material and presses a decent height of the product. It can hold about 5 grams of pollen or 3 grams of flower at a go.
- It comes with a tincture end cap that needs to be run a few times and cleaned before first use.
- It has a simple T-handle design that saves an amount of effort used to press.
- It is made of tough, polished aluminum that gives it a unique and sophisticated look.
- At 130 grams, it is relatively light and hence easy to carry around.
4. TitanOwl 3.5 Inches Heavy Duty Metal T Pollen Press
The TitanOwl T Press Tool is a unique pressing device in this category. Its brass body design gives it a hard but polished look. It is a great heavy-duty pollen press able to withstand large amounts of constant pressure. You should, however, not use excessive force from items such as pliers and wrenches. Its brass material also makes it resistant to wear and galling.
With proper maintenance, it is very durable and will give you continuous service without needing replacement.
- It comes with a tincture cap that needs to be run and cleaned well before use.
- It is 3.5 inches in length, 1 inch in diameter, and 2.5 inches tall.
- It can press 3/4 inch of hash pellets at a go.
- It can withstand high-pressure levels, and with that, you are rewarded with a well-pressed hash pellet that lasts longer during a smoke.
- It is made of durable quality material.
5. Grindhouse T-Press Stainless Steel Pollen Press
The Grindhouse T-Press Stainless Steel Pollen Press is heavy-duty, reliable steel construction. It has a T-grip handle design that makes pressing an easy task. The Stainless Steel material used is durable and able to withstand vast amounts of pressure. It comes in different sizes, and the most common medium size stands at 6.97 in length. It is large enough and can produce a decent-sized hash coin that is well pressed.
This pollen press gives you one of the best pressing experiences you will ever have. It gives you a different durable option to aluminum press for an affordable price. Despite its durability, you should not exert too much pressure on the machine to avoid damaging it. You should not use tools like pliers and wrenches.
- It is made in a T grip design that makes pressing very easy.
- The Stainless Steel used is stable and able to withstand a fair amount of pressure.
- It comes in different sizes from small, medium, and large, each suited to meet your needs and pockets.
- The most common size, the medium, is 975 grams.
- It is a single metal plug disc.
6. Stainless Steel Pollen Push Press by Interplanetary Development
The Stainless Steel Pollen Push Press is a reliable device made from Stainless Steel. It gives you the ability to press your hash tightly without worrying about it breaking. It uses a mallet strike kind of force to compact the kief. This makes it more durable. The design also makes it easy to use.
It is perfect for pressing if you have a problem with twisting and turning other presses. It uses a rubber mallet to compact. Insert the hammer nail and strike it gently with a rubber mallet. It gives you a compact hash pellet and takes a shorter time.
- It uses a rubber mallet to compact instead of twisting and turning.
- It is very durable as it doesn’t use threads that get stripped in other twisting pollen presses.
- It is affordable and more robust than aluminum; hence you worry less about breaking it.
- It comes in three parts, the hammer nail, the main hollow outer chamber, and the base.
- It is relatively small at just under 4 inches in height, 1-inch diameter, and 9.1 ounces in weight./li>
7. SharpStone 3.5 Inch T-Shaped Aluminum Pollen Press
The sharpstone 3.5 inch T-shaped Aluminum pollen press is made by a trusted company in the cannabis industry. It has a T-shaped aluminum pollen press design that offers an easy press. It has a quality sturdy material construction that makes it a durable and robust device. It is made from good quality CNC machines utilizing the latest technology to shape and process aluminum device with practically zero flaws.
It comes with a gift box that keeps the pollen Press safe and doubles up as storage containers. It is 4.7 inches long, 3.8 inches high, and 1.7 inches wide.
- It’s relatively large weighing 295 grams.
- It has a nice comfortable feel to the hands.
- It has a T shaped design makes for an easy pressing experience.
- It is super easy to learn and use.
- It produces large-sized and well-pressed hash coins.
- The aluminum material that makes this device is quality and exceptionally durable.
- It comes in various sizes, small, medium, and large, to fit your pockets and needs.
What is a pollen Press?
A pollen Press or a kief press is a small device used to press the precious trichomes to hash in a coin-like state. It is made of high-grade material that pushes the kief together to create a hash that can be smoked together with tobacco and marijuana or on its own. Kief is the small trichomes of marijuana collected at the bottom chamber of a kief grinder or kief box. Kief has many uses and benefits, and a pollen press gives you an additional option of consuming your kief.
What is pollen Press used for?
It is an important machine to have if you are a kief enthusiast. A pollen press usually has two primary uses: press hash into coins or the ground-loose marijuana leaves into pellets or cakes. There are so many ways to waste a lot of viable kief just because you don’t have a way to carry or store it. A kief press is vital as it helps you reduce the amount of kief that goes to waste. It presses the kief to make little hash batches that can be stored for longer and avoids wastage.
Type of Pollen Press
There are two main designs for the pollen press design. There is the manual design and the hydraulic system design. The hydraulic system is automatic; the hash is automatically pressed once it is placed in the device. It is a bit technical to use but still easy to maneuver around it once you understand it. A user manual is necessary for this system to avoid damage when using it.
The manual system is the easiest to understand but requires a bit of effort. You will have to press the hash yourself. There are two main designs of the manual press, the flat cap, and the T-bar. The T-bar design is easy to use, but the flat cap or hammer nail design is perfect for a long-lasting and fast pollen press machine. Only use your hands when pressing using the manual device. The use of external force like pliers and wrenches could cause damage to the device.
Benefits of Using a Pollen Press
The advantages of using a kief press largely depend on the amount of pollen being pressed and why you are pressing it. Here are some of the benefits of a pollen press,
- A pollen press reduces the space required to store kief. Kief that is compressed will occupy less space than the same weight of kief that is not pressed. It is easier to refrigerate hash coins than the hash powder itself. Hash coins are easy to store and require less space.
- The pressed hash has a longer life than normal kief. After pressing the kief, you can put it in an airtight container away from sunlight, and it will last for several months.
- Pressing hash helps maintain and conserve its potency. You compress a lot of kief together hence you have a more potent kief. The compressed kief also loses its potency slowly.
- Transporting hash in coin form is much easier than in powder form.
- In case you need to brand your kief, then a pressed version is easy to brand. With the right device, you can easily mark or brand your kief coin.
- Hash in coin form saves you from a Lot of Wastage. Pressed hash is not easily blown away or spilled. When using fingers, you lose a lot of kief through your hands and the wind.
- In the case of a mixture of different marijuana strains and other products like tobacco, it is easier to maintain the mixture in a compressed state than in a bag.
How to use a Pollen Press
Using your kief press should not be a difficult job, and that’s why you buy a simple but effective press machine. However, you should always read the user manual before using a pollen press or any device for that matter. Below are the necessary steps to take when operating a pollen press:
- Remove the kief screen in your grinder after collecting your kief. The kief you are going to use should be.
- Go ahead and take out the cap and the pin of the pollen press. You then stand the device with the pin section facing upwards.
- Use a funnel or funnel-like material to feed the press with kief. The funnel’s purpose is to avoid kief going to waste when inserting it in the pollen press. The pin is now ready to be returned into its place.
- Close the caps back as tightly as possible, which increases the pressure on the hash. After eight hours, the hash pellets should be ready.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Pollen Press
Before buying any product, there are a few things that you should consider. A kief presser is no different, and here are a few factors you should look into before buying one.
The quality of the kief press determines how long one will last. The materials used to make one should be of high quality.
How easy it is to use.
You would not want to buy a machine that can help you, but you don’t know how to use it. You will need to buy a heat press that doesn’t require a lot of technical skills to operate or clean. The best machine is the most straightforward machine to use.
The weight and size of the kief presser.
A hash press should be portable to carry around as you will probably need it on the go. Thus the size and weight of it are very important when buying one. You should buy a light and small one for easy carrying around. Its diameter should match that of a coin.
Its maintenance and cleaning.
The costs of maintaining any product you buy should not be very high. And cleaning of it should not be complicated or need a lot of technical know-how. A simple kief press that can be easily disassembled and reassembled for cleaning is the ideal choice. You should use a clean wipe and alcohol to clean your kief press and prevent damage to its parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you keep kief in a Pollen Press?
Eight hours is enough to get your kief compressed well. If you have time, you can leave your kief in the device for a few days but not too long as the kief pellets might get too hard to get out of the pollen press. The pins press the kief immediately after closing the caps. Your eight hours count begins from then.
What temp should I press kief?
To get the best results when pressing kief, you will need to do so at temperatures of between 170° and 190° F. Starting at 180° for the first 65 seconds and gradually adjusting it from there is ideal. When pressing, you will need to maintain a lower temperature and increase pressing time to maintain the hash’s quality.
How do you use Kief Pollen Press?
Pins in the pollen press are responsible for pressing the kief. Turning the caps as much as possible applies pressure to the kief. After screwing the caps until they cannot move any further, leave it away for at least 8 hours. You can also tighten the caps every one hour if possible. Only use your hands when turning the caps to avoid damage to the device.
What is the point of pressing kief?
Kief is the powder-like substance collected at the bottom of a grinder. They usually have a higher concentration of THC, making for a better smoking experience. Pressing kief makes it easier for you to use and store the kief. It also helps preserve the THC in kief for a much longer time.
What is the difference between bubble hash and kief?
Hash is pressed kief, which makes it stronger than kief. A bubble hash is the dark, paste-like cannabis concentrates. It is referred to as a bubble hash due to the bubbles it produces when being smoked.
Kief is the powder-like substance collected at the bottom chamber of a grinder. It is very rich in THC and is a viable option for those searching for concentrates. Kief is used in making hash, which when melted becomes bubble hash.
How do you make hash from kief using household goods?
Making hash at home doesn’t have to require technical skills. You only need a few household items and a fair amount of kief.
- Pour your kief into a parchment paper and fold it into a square. Cut off any excess parchment paper remaining.
- Place a large parchment paper over the previous paper.
- Add water to your glass jar and tighten it well.
- Roll the glass jar over the parchment paper over and over, applying pressure for 30 minutes.
- Now put the square parchment papers in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Take it out of the freezer, and you are free to smoke it.
In case you don’t have these on hand and still want to make hash, you can put kief in between your hands and roll them together for a few minutes. The friction generated will be enough to make a hash. It is not as effective as a glass jar and parchment paper, but it will still work.
Above are the seven best pollen press available in the market in 2021, and you should try out one of them. Choose the product that fits your needs and pocket and enjoy the high that comes with hash pellets.